Saturday, March 14, 2009

TravelBlog North Dallas

I have promised that I would post pics of places Mary and I have visited here in Texas...and other places as well. So, here we go!

I'll start back in 2005. It was December. Plano, TX on Saturday, December 3rd...




A pest shop...hmmmm...




The owner (Mike) greets his guests

Small museum. Hey, notice the hatband...




Marilyn Monroach



Liberoachi




Combates Motel




As fascinating as a visit to the Cockraoch Hall of Fame Museum might be, we didn't stop just there. No sir. The day had just begun!





Parker, TX

What's in Parker? Well, back in the early 80's there was a popular TV series about a Texas oil baron and his family. They were the Ewings and the show was called "Dallas". Most of the filming occurred in sound stages back in Hollyweird, but a lot was also shot at the Southfork Ranch in Parker, TX. We had to check it out...


Fans of the series recognize this


...and this


...and this site where celebrations and fights happened!


Do you remember who shot JR?




This will do for now. Maybe tomorrow I will post the next trip we made. For now, I have to find a fence contractor to rebuild our fence, which the Texas winter winds obligingly demolished.




7 comments:

BAM Holt said...

I'm noted for my dyslexic finger. Yes, I can spell but my fingers get all twisted. So, c-o-c-k-r-o-a-c-h is spelled just like that.

Anyway, enjoy the pics!

i am heidi said...

wow a post a real post!! I didn't think it would ever happen. don't worry i'm dyslexic too just ask sandra. I guess that's another wonderful trait you passed down to me!!

BAM Holt said...

Hee hee hee! I think you kids got more from me than you wanted/realize/could guess! Not all is bad, though.

Anyway, the infamous "cat fight" was NOT the one between Joan Collins and Linda Evans...that was on "Dynasty", not "Dallas".

BAM Holt said...

That last comment was just FYI...

Michael, Kristen and Tessa Sierra said...

I can't believe my eyes!! You actually posted something! I know a great place to travel to...

DeAnne said...

What fun trips! I look forward to seeing/reading more!

Jocelyn says: I love you!

Elliotts said...

That roach museum would have had me gagging... I'm not a big fan of giant bugs! But, I'm glad to see a new post!
Your niece, Ashley