Saturday, October 9, 2010

Goin' down to San Antone

(Before you read this post, please read the prior post, posted a little earlier today)

Last weekend was spent in San Antonio. Buck and Sandra, Mike and Kristen and their little families went down Friday evening and Mary and I took our time and arrived Saturday afternoon. The kids spent Saturday at Sea World and Mary and I visited our little friend Barney Smith at the Toilet Seat Museum.


Barney Smith and his 71st Wedding Anniversary commemoration art (71 years! Wow!)

Once the kids finished up with Sea World, we met for dinner at LuLu's Cafe. Adam Richman (Man v Food on the Travel Channel) had visited the cafe (click here) when taking on the Four Horsemen Challenge at Chunky's Burgers (we have not visited Chunky's yet). Pictures tell the story:


"Is that all?" *snort* Hey, the two sides are on a regular dinner plate!


Dessert...a 3 pound cinnamon roll!


Kristen and Mike


Hayden thinks this is cool! Um, so does Sandra...she likes cinnamon rolls!

I'm not intending to hog the limelight, that's how the pictures turned out...especially since Lulu's Cafe is known for the chicken fried steak (my meal, so...) and the cinnamon roll. The rest of the group enjoyed their meals too! It was all good.

So, things really ARE bigger in Texas! This idea was confirmed the next day.

Mike, Kristen, Buck and Sandra went to a mall to let the kids expend some energy and run around. Then we met for lunch at Big Lou's Pizza:



And what might they be known for?


This!

Adam Richman was here as well!

Our meal (the pictures speak for themselves):







I think we made a dent in it!

Well, after such a filling meal, we went to the River Walk to walk it off.


San Antonio











The kids left for home at this point (long drive with kids) but Mary and I continued on for a bit. We popped up to road level and visited the Buckhorn Saloon and Museum and Texas Ranger Museum (see here). We didn't actually go in to the museum portions, we just looked through the lobby area and the gift shop.








We returned to the Walk.


Mariachis at a restaurant on the Walk


Me and my Sweetheart









What a beautiful place!

We said goodbye to San Antonio and made the 5 hour drive home. It was a great weekend!

Just for those who may wonder...yes we will watch Conference, which we recorded!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay! I am so glad you told me about your blog! You two are the coolest couple! What AWESOME things you go visit! I will be consulting with you soon when Brandon's family comes to Texas. And you have a beautiful family!

James and Sandra said...

You are good at getting your blog updated so fast! You got some great pictures, and I am glad you and Mary were able to make a few more stops. Had lots of fun with you, love ya!

DeAnne said...

WOW!! I think if you ate the whole 5 hours home, you would still have food left over!

Looks like you guys had a great time!

BAM Holt said...

DeAnne, you are correct! I had that chicken fried steak with portions of the two sides for lunch at work four days straight! It was still very good. We love you!

Sandra, I wish I could put a lot more pictures up, but it is not practical. But I'm glad you like them! We had a very good time with you guys! We love you!

Melissa, your blog is fun as well. Mary says she has brochures she can share with you.

BAM Holt said...

Oh, I forgot to add, Mary and I did indeed watch Conference!